Post ported from old site
So it has been a few weeks since I posted anything, but thats what happens when you have a brand new baby to look after and a busy job on top of it. Things may be a bit slow for the next few months on the blog front. I've aslo decided that its time to get a new certification or two so I have started to study for my CCENT/CCNA and expect it to dominate my blogging for the next little while, so the first in the CISCO series of blogs, How to Configure a SISCO device for SSH access.
This is one I constantly forget and have to look up over and over, probably due to not having to do it very often. To convert and install keys from your Putty PPK to linux ( Ubuntu ).
- Install putty with: sudo apt-get install putty
- Create the public key file:
- puttygen /path/to/puttykey.ppk -L > ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub
- Create the private key file:
- puttygen /path/to/puttykey.ppk -O private-openssh -o ~/.ssh/id_rsa